Invisalign uses cutting edge technology to gradually and gently align your teeth using custom designed aligners. The entire treatment process is personalized for your individual, unique mouth. At All Smiles By Design, we offer a wide range of dental services including the Invisalign system, and we designed all our Henderson dental offices with one purpose in mind: you!
Many agree that the most significant advantage of Invisalign over metal braces is that you can remove them. While you do have to wear them for a minimum number of hours each day in order for them to be effective, they may be removed for you to eat or clean the aligners. Metal braces are indeed effective, but the wires and brackets can damage the inside of your mouth, and the braces must be tightened to work, all of which can be quite uncomfortable. Unfortunately, many patients also experience discoloration or stains caused by wearing metal braces long-term, which can be disheartening and embarrassing.
However, Invisalign aligners are gentler, and while patients do report some discomfort at first, it tends to diminish rather quickly. There is also little chance of Invisalign causing damage to the inside of your mouth, and since they are frequently replaced, there’s little to no chance of your teeth getting stained or discolored such as experienced by some metal brace wearers
- Invisalign generally costs more than regular braces because laboratory fees for Invisalign are more expensive than for traditional braces.
- There are some complex orthodontic cases that Invisalign aligners cannot adequately correct.
- They are no more or less uncomfortable or painful than metal braces.
- Regardless of whether you choose Invisalign or traditional braces it generally takes the same amount of time to correct your teeth.
- Align Technology doesn’t diagnose or treat individual cases, and the success or failure of your treatment depends on the orthodontist’s skills.
- Over 1,000,000 patients worldwide have been treated with Invisalign, and the number is increasing on a daily basis.
- Aligners are removable and give you the flexibility of eating and drinking whatever you want, as well as brushing and flossing your teeth just like you would without them.
- There are no wires or metal brackets with Invisalign treatment.
- Aligners are made from thermoplastic material and look similar to teeth-whitening trays.
- Aligners are custom made and designed to move your teeth in the sequence determined by your doctor.
- Many patients require retainers after Invisalign treatment to keep the teeth from shifting back to their pre-treatment positions.
- Invisalign aligners are required to be worn between 20 and 22 hours every day, and you will not get the desired results if the aligners are not worn for the specified amount of time.
- Invisalign aligners are changed about every 2 weeks.
Contact Us for Invisalign
All Smiles By Design is here to give you and your family total professional and personalized care. Total choice, total comfort, and total convenience. If you are a teenager or an adult with malocclusion, the Invisalign system may be an option to correct your bite. Contact us today for a better smile tomorrow.